Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Homemade Thousand Island Dressing

You can't put something on Pinterest unless it's already on the web. ;)


I remember making this as a kid. Cheaper than buying a bottle. These days, I make it because what comes in a bottle just doesn't taste right. It always seems to taste like vinegar to me. So I thought I'd share. :) I've got a niece who doesn't even like Thousand Island dressing and she'll eat this!

No precise measurements. You can just make it in proportion to approximately what I have listed. It's according to taste and the kind of mayo you use. A stronger tasting mayo may require a bit more ketchup to balance the taste.

2T mayonnaise
2t ketchup
1t dill pickle relish
paprika

Just put it all in a cup or bowl, mix, and pour on the salad. You can add a tiny bit of water if it's too thick for your liking. Depending on the size of your salad and how much dressing you like, that's enough for one or two salads... one for me.

(DUH! I actually LOOK and the next button over on Pinterest is to upload the thing... lol!)

No comments:

Post a Comment