Friday, June 22, 2012

Another Blog Hop!

Since I had so much fun with the HAH blog hop, I'm hitting another! Though this one is much smaller and I actually stand a chance of being able to read all the blogs... lol! This one is on Manga and Romance, specifically yaoi.

This is sort of a repeat of a bit of a previous post.

Yaoi was my introduction to M/M romance type stuff. See, Brian got me addicted to Fullmetal Alchemist. Then, I started watching some of the anime he had and eventually ended up watching stuff online. Then I heard a phrase, "reverse harem". This is an anime/manga that is one girl and a bunch of guys as the leading characters instead of the typical other way around. I watched several anime that are in the reverse harem genre like Fruits Basket and Ouran High School Host Club. Then I came across something else. The word "yaoi". Well, gods love google. ;) From there I watched Junjou Romantica, Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi and Gravitation. Then there's Sex Pistols, The Tyrant Who Falls in Love and No Money... the Japanese don't quibble over consent... lol! I also read numerous manga available online and translated into English. But it's frustrating reading backwards sometimes and the stories weren't as deep as I'd have liked. So I started looking for yaoi novels, something more in depth and longer. I found a few, but not many are translated and online. Talking with a friend, I found out about American m/m romance novels. I was hooked! I still watch my anime once in a while and have a few manga I go back to when new chapters are translated, but m/m romance has me hooked! I wish I had little gay muses running around in my head like the many, many talented authors I read so I could write something!

No comments:

Post a Comment