Friday, June 15, 2012

Sometimes It Bugs Me

I know I'm anti-social. I don't go out. I can't stand crowds. I don't make a good passenger as I tend to get very nervous with other people driving. But why does my family insist on thinking it's fun to make fun of me for it?

Mama's going to Waxhaw tomorrow, I guess to take some of her wood work to a leather shop that sells it for her. I agreed to go along. Next thing I know my nephew calls and asks if I'm really going. I said yeah. He said that was a little unusual and I hear my sister in the background scream, "A little unusal!?!?!". I mean WTF?

I used to go with my sister and nephew to town on Fridays I was off to get groceries and do a little shopping. But it got to the point I was having issues with being in Walmart. So I started taking my MP3 player and listening to music while in the store. My sister started acting weird when I'd do this, like she had an attitude. She said she didn't care, but something was going on. She's as likely to walk off and me lose her in the store as anything, MP3 player or not, so I don't get the big deal. So I don't go with her anymore. Saves me the stress of wondering what I've done wrong and trying to keep her happy.

Brian sometimes fusses about not going anywhere when he's over here, but where would we go? He doesn't have any friends to go hang out with. He doesn't have a job to have money to spend. I spend a LOT of money to have food in the house for him. He's got his games and computer. What else am I supposed to do?

Why is it such a big deal? Wondering if I should just stay home tomorrow to avoid all the jokes I'm likely to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment